Monday, August 25, 2008

So...Enough of That

Yeah...Wildernet.com. I kinda sorta used to work for this EXCELLENT OUTDOORS WEBSITE and then kinda sorta got fired/quit. The only positive thing I can say about the whole experience is that I was able to work with some good friends and pretty much worked whenever I wanted. But...it's not like you, the reader, care. At the end of the day, though, I decided to start writing on this thing again just for the heck of it and maybe improve some of my writing skills. Just like everyone else. Hooray for originality.

Since nobody in their right mind will want to read this, and because I'm desperately clinging to the hope that people will, I'm going to pretend that I actually have readers who give a damn. Thanks in advance, I guess.

In an attempt to be funny, I'll probably try to inject humor into my writing, but most likely, it won't be funny at all -- it will only try to be funny. So, if you find humor that tries to be funny more amusing than humor that is actually funny, then by all means, keep reading.

Who am I kidding, though?

No one will read this anyway.

There was this video I saw on Youtube about a man trying to eat a fish while an omnipresent voice continuously shouted questions at him, and every time the man tried to take a bite of the fish, it was pulled away by some fishing line tied to its tail (or something). When I searched for it, I couldn't find it, so I'm guessing this means that I'll only find it when I don't want to find it. The video may or may not be a metaphor for my life so far.

Ah...here it is: What's Your Problem?

About this blog's title: on a building before the second level of the video game Double Dragon II, it has the phrase "Go for broak" plastered on the side. My dad and I always used to play the hell out of this game, and he'd always repeat this phrase before the start of the level. Anyway, you have to jump this chasm between two buildings at the beginning of stage 2, and awaiting you at the bottom are two bad guys. Now, more than likely you're going to make the leap of faith and spin-kick the crap out of these sorry-sons-of-bitches -- but sometimes, you're not so lucky. These enemies, they sometimes have this little backup animation before they jump-kick they crap out of your face and send you plummeting to your doom.

This, of course, will undoubtedly cause furious anger to boil up inside.

But, that's the point of the "Go for broak" -- take the leap of faith and wager it all -- and in all probability, you'll come up smiling and smelling of roses. Sometimes, you'll get a kick to the face. Such is life.

I've tried to live by this "Go for broak" and nothing has really come of it so far -- then again, I haven't tried that hard in the first place. Maybe this blog will help me find some answers. Maybe it won't.

But, hey, thanks for reading...if you did indeed read this. This is for you:

Just like in Kindergarten!

No comments: