Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Wascally Wildernet.com

Oh, you silly Elmer Fudd, you. You and your hilarious speech impediment have made a huge mark on this author's humble soul -- I know that it must be hard for you to get a job in today's voice acting industry, and your self-confidence must be at an all-time low since you never could catch that wabbit, even after, what, fifty years?

Oh well. Too bad, so sad.

Wait, what am I saying? Elmer, I actually have a splendid idea. Why don't you selflessly help promote an excellent website I work for, Wildernet.com? Surely you've heard of it, haven't you? Yes? Of course you have. It's only the best outdoor website on the world-wide-web, known for its community options and boatload of recreational information -- all available to you, the user!

All right, Elmer, repeat this nifty catch-phrase after me: "Only at Wildernet.com." Go ahead, try it.

No, not "Onwee at Wildernet.com." It's pronounced "Own-lee". You know, with a "l". Like in "lollipop". All right, how about this: just say "Wildernet.com" for me, m'kay? You can speak your "W's" like any other normal person, right?

I'll take your nodding for a yes. All right, go ahead.

Wait a sec. Did you just say "Rildernet.com"? Like, with a freaking "r"?

That's it! You're fired! Yeah, that's right! And don't look back!

So, that's it, I guess. A lame blog post dedicated to a fake conversation with a fictional cartoon character. How original. Then again, you'll only find these sort of shenanigans at the best outdoor recreational website in the world, Rildernet.com...gah, I mean, Wildernet.com.

No comments: